Google is upgrading its products to the next level day by day. Google assistant can now reply in various Indian languages like Tamil, Bengali, Telugu, Gujarati, Kannada and Malayalam.
Currently Google Assistant supports only Hindi. For other languages, it is still in beta stage. By becoming a Beta tester of the Google App, we can also check out the Google Assistant speaking various languages.
This post will help you to enable Google Assistant in your favourite Indian languages mentioned above.
There is some procedure that you should follow to enable google assistant in your favourite regional language. Here is an overview of what you should do. A detailed explanation will be done after this overview. So make sure you read till the end.
- Become Beta Tester for Google App.
- Change the primary language of your Google Assistant to your regional language in Google App.
- Also, change the language in your Smartphone to your regional language and make it as the primary language of your smartphone.
And those were the overview of the procedure that you should do. Just 4 steps.
STEP 1: Become Beta Tester
Go to play store and search for Google App. Scroll down and click “Join as Tester” wait for 15 minutes. Then you will get an Update. Update the app.
STEP 2: Change language in Google App
Once you updated the beta version of the app, Do the following:
- Click on the “more” option on the Right side bottom.
- Then click Settings.
- Again click Settings under Google Assistant menu.
- Click on “Assistant Option” and click on languages
English will be enabled in default. Change it to Your Regional language (For Eg. Tamil, Malayalam).
STEP 3: Change the language of your SmartPhone
This is an important step in this process. You should change your smartphone’s language to your regional language.
To change your smartphone language:
- Go to the settings app.
- Click on “Languages and input”
By default, it will be ENGLISH (UNITED STATES). Change it to your Regional Language.
The language that you have chosen in the Google App and the one you have chosen in your smartphone must be the same.
- And set your regional language as the primary language by dragging the name to the top (Above English US).
- Now your phone’s language will be changed to the language that you have chosen.
That’s it! Now click on the home screen, your Google Assistant will speak your regional language.
NOTE: These languages are still in beta stage. So, there will be some bugs. But still, it is a fun to talk with a machine in our own regional language. Sure it will reply smartly.
Hope this post helps you a lot. Check out other posts.